Interested in joining our team of banking professionals?
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit packages including paid time off, 401(k) matching retirement plan, health insurance and educational assistance.
Credit Analyst II (Sheridan WY)
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience
Education/ Certifications/ Licenses: A college degree
Wage/Salary: Based on experience
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Complete credit analysis with most credits considered to be less complex (one entity/one guarantor or direct obligation). Analysis to include but is not limited to:
• Spread and analyze financial information to determine the degree of risk associated with lending opportunities such as cash
flow/repayment ability and financial trends and key ratios analysis
• Using the five C’s of credit (Character, Capacity, Capital, Collateral & Conditions) – identify strengths and weaknesses of existing and potential clients to include Management capabilities, Management succession, ability to repay, secondary and tertiary repayment sources, acceptable collateral position, and industry comparisons of risks and trends
• Risk assessment by focusing on credit quality, determine if the degree of risk is acceptable to move forward with the lending request, and recommend a risk grade in accordance with policy
• Preparing the loan authorization report (credit write-up) in a timely manner to be submitted to the appropriate approval authority, and recommend and assist with the structure of loan requests
• Serve as a point of contact for loan officers, processors, and clients
• Serve as a mentor to other teammates, specifically to Credit Analyst I’s and newly hired teammates
• Participate in joint customer calls and/or inspections with loan officers and assist in soliciting, developing and maintaining profitable banking relationships
• Prepare annual reviews of client relationships and maintain file integrity
• Prepare work papers for auditors and examiners
• Assist in annually reviewing Bank policy and updating as necessary based on regulatory changes, auditor recommendations and/or changes in the banking environment
• Participates in required compliance training and complies with applicable policies, procedures, regulations and laws related to this position.
Must provide exceptional customer service and comply with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Please send resume to:
Kay Roush, Senior Vice President
671 Illinois Street, Sheridan, WY 82801
We are an an Equal Opportunity Employer /Affirmative Action Employer providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applications regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
To be a Progressive and Financially Stable Community Bank while providing a rewarding work environment for our staff, and exceptional service and valued financial products to our customers.